What are some random acts of kindness you can do this December?
2021 is almost over! Can you believe it?! I don’t know about you but I am quite excited to see what 2022 has in store for me and my family. (I know the correct grammar is “my family and I” :-p).
With 2021 almost out the door though, how would you like to go out of this year with a bang? How about doing some random acts of kindness?
What if you could, in the spirit of Christmas, do 31 random acts of kindness to exit this year feeling amazing about yourself?
Studies have shown that performing random acts of kindness is not only beneficial to the person receiving the act of kindness, but it also has a whole host of amazing benefits for the person doing the act as well.
Well, I don’t know about you but I like feeling good bout myself. So if you’re like me, here are
31 Random Acts Of Kindness You Can Do This December To Spread Holiday Cheer
- Spend time with someone you haven’t seen in a long time
2. Pay the tab/bill for someone at your favorite restaurant
3. Leave a generous tip
4. Tip the Cashier/bag packer at your local grocery store
5. Help someone carry their bags to their car, the bus station, the train or to their house (exercise caution).
6. Offer someone a ride (exercise caution)
7. Smile at/pleasantly gree the security officer at the mall, store or wherever they are stationed
8. Donate to charity (time or stuff)
9. Make an extra effort to help the elderly
10. Help the homeless (money, clothes, food item, etc)
11. Bake a cake for someone
12. Invite others to your Christmas dinner (be smart about this)
13. Pick up litter in your neighborhood
14. Give a token of appreciation to your trash collector
15. Offer to babysit for family, friends or neighbors with kids
16. Give away gift certificates if you can afford to
17. Smile more often. (You’d be surprised how far this goes. Just how impactful a smile can be.)
18. Be more courteous
19. Make an effort to be more friendly and personable
20. Petsit for someone who needs it
21. Help someone struggling to cross the street
22. Respect other people’s space more (if you’re someone who’s normally all up in everyone’s face, try dialing it back a notch)
23. Let the cashier keep the change
24. Smile and say thank you to people in the service industry (even if they didn’t offer the greatest service)
25. Support a small business near you
Read: Holiday self-care tips for women: A collection of some of the best self-care tips for women this holiday season
26. Donate to/support your favorite content creators
27. Pay genuine compliments to the people you come in contact with
28. Speak up for someone being mistreated (obviously assess the situation and be delicate about it)
29. Give up your seat on the bus or train
30. Let someone cut in front of you while you wait in line
31. Hold the door for someone
Random acts of kindness you can do for me:
- Turn on post notifications at the top right of this page (be notified first whenever I upload new content – no email sign up required)
- Follow me on social media (help me increase my reach and stay in touch with me)
- Join my Facebook group (connect with other like-minded, growth-oriented women for free)
- Share my blog posts on your social media pages
- Share your thoughts with me in the comment section below
Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Christ. We celebrate by giving kindness, joy and spreading Christmas cheers to the people around us.
Save this on Pinterest
Looking for more ideas
101 Best Random Acts of Kindness Ideas
103 Random Acts of Kindness – Ideas to Inspire Kindness
I’d love to hear from you. What random acts of kindness have you done lately? What acts of kindness will you be doing? How do you plan to spread Christmas cheer this year?
As always, thanks for reading.
Until next time, stay feminine, sexy, classy, and unapologetically woman.
I love what you said about giving being beneficial for both parities! I totally agree, it feels so good on our end to be of service to others! And I love your point about not needing to be kind using money, you can give of your time or energy too 🙂 Great post, Lis!
Amen sister! It feels so good when you can be in service to others. And no, it’s not only about giving money. That’s often a shallow way of excusing yourself from truly giving of yourself. The best way to give is to give of yourself
Hey Alicia- I especially like #18 “Make an effort to be more friendly and personable” and think it’s an excellent idea to do many of these things all year long. The world would be a much better place if we all tried a little harder to be kinder.
Hey Nancy! Thanks for reading and dropping me a line. I definitely agree that the world would be a much kinder place if we did in fact try to do more of these all year long.